Focused on enhancing the total guest experience, the 2,376 passenger Freestyle Cruising ship is receiving a total renovation to its public areas, staterooms and suites.
These refurbishments are in addition to the enhancements already made as part of Freestyle 2.0, the company's fleet-wide initiative to further improve the guest experience across all guest touch points from food and beverage to staterooms.
"Norwegian Spirit's multi-million dollar renovation will enrich the overall guest experience by making significant enhancements to the ship overall," said Andy Stuart, NCL's executive vice president and chief product officer. "With the combination of our recent Freestyle 2.0 enhancements and all of the refurbishments being made, Norwegian Spirit will emerge refreshed and revitalized for her winter season sailing seven-day Exotic Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans." Norwegian Spirit's total refurbishment includes:
- 11 new staterooms are being added, eight of which are balconies;
- one diesel engine is being replaced;
- the Stardust Theater, with a capacity of approximately 700, is receiving all new seating and chairs;
- seating throughout the ship is being reupholstered;
- more than 21,000 sq meters of carpet is being replaced in public areas, stairwells, suites and staterooms;
- new wallpaper is being installed in suites, corridors and public areas;
- new curtains are being added to all suites;
- tile in 300 bathrooms throughout the ship is being replaced;
- all open decks including the main pool, kid's pool and four hot tubs are undergoing refurbishment;
- the Roman Spa & Fitness Center is being upgraded with new doors, panels and seats;
- more than 60 windows are being replaced;
- the onboard phone system is being upgraded to a state of the art wireless system.
Following the completion of the refurbishment, Norwegian Spirit will re-enter service on November 23, 2008 and begin a series of 21 seven-day Exotic Western Caribbean cruises from New Orleans, her homeport for the winter season, with calls in Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico; Santo Tomas De Castilla, Guatemala; and Belize City, Belize.
Norwegian Spirit offers Freestyle Cruising with the flexibility of 11 restaurants, seven bars and lounges, multiple entertainment venues, two pools, extensive children's facilities, a sports deck, casino, spa, and a variety of spacious public rooms. The ship joined the NCL fleet in 2004 and underwent a previous dry dock in 2005.