As one of the most important construction projects for the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games, BCIA T3 has started operation in two stages on 29 February 2008 and 26 March 2008 respectively after four years of construction commencing from 28 March 2004.
T3 consists of three concourses: C, D and E with total scale of 1,000,000 square meters.
Concourse C is domestic and international check-in, domestic departures, and domestic and international baggage claim.
Concourse D is temporarily dedicated for charter flights during the Olympic and theParalympic Games.
Concourse E is international departures and arrivals. For the convenience of traveling public, please refer to the following official notifications:
1. Moving Plan
1) 0:00, 29 February 2008- The 1st stage moving:
Carriers which are scheduled to move within the first stage are: Shandong Airlines (SC), Sichuan Airlines (3U), Qantas Airways (QF), Qatar Airways (QR), British Airways (BA) and El Al Israel Airlines (LY).
2) 0:00, 26 March 2008 - The 2nd stage moving
Carriers which are scheduled to move within the 2nd stage are: Air China (CA), Shanghai Airlines (FM), Scandinavian Airlines (SK), Austrian Airlines (OS), Deutsche Lufthansa (LH), Asiana Airlines (OZ), Air Canada (AC), United Airlines (UA), All Nippon Airways (NH), Thai Airways (TG), Singapore Airlines(SQ), Finnair (AY), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX), Japan Airlines (JL), Dragonair (KA), Turkish Airlines (TK), Emirates (EK), Air Macau (NX),S7 Airlines (S7) and Egypt Air (MS).
2. Flight Schedule
The above schedule is based on the schedule published by the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China. Before 0:00 on the moving date (29 Feb and 26 Mar), if any flight delays their take off or landing, the operation will remain in T2 or based on the announcement of the individual airline.
3. Ground Transportation
1) Passengers may take Airport Shuttle Bus from Xidan, Beijing Railway Station, Gongzhufen, Fangzhuang, Zhongguancun and Wangjing to T3. Personal vehicles or taxis could take Airport Southern Line exit from Airport Expressway to arrive at T3.
2) A special road and Airport Shuttle Bus will be available for the convenience of transfer passengers among T1, T2 and T3.
3) 2nd Airport Expressway, Airport Southern Line and metro connections are still under construction; the opening time will be announced by Beijing Municipal Traffic Commission in due time.