Rotana Hotels announced a number of significant changes to their management line up, this came as a result of the company's restructuring in line with its expansion plan and as part of strengthening the foundation.
"We are expanding at a phenomenal rate and because of this our resources are well focused on our own employees and their retention.
Our distinction is our passion for the business, to become the best hotel chain and our challenge is to deliver what we promise. So far, we haven't failed to deliver on that promise especially to our employees. I am pleased to announce 7 promotions, 4 transfers and 2 members joining", says Imad Elias, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Office for Rotana Hotels.
- Aman Sachdev has been promoted to Corporate Vice President – Development and Strategies
- Amal Harb has been promoted to Associate Vice President – Marketing and Communications
- Sleiman Abou Hanna has been promoted to Associate Vice President – Engineering
- Sarah Lewsey has been promoted to Director of MICE
- Naji Syriani has been promoted to Director of Design
- Cesar Masri has been promoted to Director of Reservations
- Pierre Zayoun will be transferred from Al Ain Rotana Hotel to be the new General Manager of Al Manshar Rotana Hotel in Kuwait
- Ayman Gharib will be transferred from Sharjah Rotana Hotel to be the new General Manager of Al Ain Rotana Hotel
- Kinan Al Ghraoui will be transferred from Villa Rotana Hotel to be the new General Manager of Al Sofouh Rotana.
- Hani Mansour has been promoted from Hotel Manager of Rihab Rotana Suites to General Manager of Rihab, Rimal, and Villa Rotana Suites.
- Gemmy Dimitry will be transferred from Rimal Rotana Suites to Rihab Rotana Suites as Hotel Manager.
Furthermore, Mr. Imad Elias announced the joining of Michael Marshall as Corporate Vice President - Sales & Marketing and
Manuel Garcia as Director of Outbound Sales Offices. "The new team comes as part of our focus to develop further the local, regional and international Sales & Marketing set-ups of Rotana Hotels, in keeping with the aggressive expansion plans of the company to double the size of its portfolio within the coming two years" says Elias.
Born in the UK, Michael Marshall studied Marketing and completed his BA with honours from Wolverhampton University in England. He joins Rotana Hotels from Qatar National Hotels where, for 2 years, he held the position of Sales & Marketing Director. He has gained considerable international experience in hotel related sales and marketing from his 22 years in the industry. This included 16 years in various positions with the Intercontinental Hotels Group.
As for Manuel Garcia, Spanish National, he has a Bachelor of Science in Business Administrations from the University of Wales. He started his career in 1996 and has gained a wide experience in Sales and Revenue Management from his various positions with Starwood, TravelClick and Accor Group.
Manuel is no stranger to the Gulf; he has spent 11 years in and out of the Gulf which gave him the opportunity to see the developments and growth of the hotel industry in Abu Dhabi & Dubai as well as its entire economy.