|More Tips on How to Deliver an Amazing Customer Experience|
By Shep Hyken
Wednesday, 25th April 2012
|First, it's still April, and that means we're still in Customer Loyalty Month; what are you doing to build a stronger relationship with your customers? And second, we're still celebrating the one year anniversary of 'The Amazement Revolution' which hit the major bestseller lists including 'NY Times,' 'WSJl' and more. |
If you read the last article you read a list of customer service tips that anyone can put to use immediately. This is the second half of the list of 40 quick customer service tips.
By the way, the last article actually had two lists. The first was a list of ten much desired outcomes as a result of delivering excellent customer service. The second list was the first half of the 40 tips referenced above. You canread the first half of the list at: http://bit.ly/IaWHi4
This list has a number of "do's," as well as a number of "don't do's." Even though the list starts with the number1, it is actually 21. Here you go:
1. Leave personal problems at home.
2. If you have to transfer a customer to another person, make sure it's the right person.
3. If you have to transfer a customer to another person, make sure they are there.
4. Treat your colleagues at work the way you know the customer should be treated.
5. Pretend the customer is a member and make them know they are special, and doing business with a place that is special.
6. Customer loyalty is about the next time - every time. What are you doing now to make sure the customer comes back next time?
7. Customer loyalty is great. Partnership is even better. How can you be your customer's partner?
8. When it comes to customer service, you can be a leader. Set the example and show your colleagues what great customer service is all about.
9. The customer is not always right, but they are always the customer. Always treat them with respect, even if they are wrong.
10. It's okay to disagree as long as you aren't disagreeable.
11. Sometimes you have to say, "No." When you do, be polite and do it with tact and respect.
12. Don't make business personal. Usually, customers are mad at a situation or the company, not at you personally. You have the power to make it better or worse based on how you respond.
13. If you don't have an answer, admit it. Then go find the answer and report back. Don't make something up because it sounds right.
14. Avoid using company or industry jargon or acronyms that the customer might not be familiar with.
15. Never lie.
16. Recognize your awesome responsibility. At any time, to the customer you are dealing with, you are the company; the name, brand, reputation, etc.
17. Don't copy someone else's customer service strategy. Then you are just the same. Take what someone else has done and make it better - make it your own.
18. Answer the phone within three rings. Two is better.
19. Avoid putting people on hold for more than 30 seconds. It seems like a lot longer.
20. Don't offer new customers something you wouldn't offer your loyal customers. (Or at least something of comparable value.)
BONUS: Always say, "thank you." (I ended the last list with this one. Worth repeating!)
These tips may be simple, but they are powerful. And, as simple as they seem in theory, practical application may be more difficult. The key is to apply these (and any other ideas you may want to add to the list) on a consistent basis. The best companies aren't great some of the time. They are great all of the time. That's customer amazement. And, another reminder... Being amazing is simply being better than average - all of the time. So, be amazing!
Author of "Moments of Magic," “The Loyal Customer," the Wall Street Journal bestseller book “The Cult of the Customer” and the New York Times bestseller, “The Amazement Revolution.”
Shep Hyken works with companies who want to build loyal relationships with their customers and employees.
Copyright 2012 Shep Hyken, Shepard Presentations, LLC
Shep Hyken, CSP, CPAE
Shepard Presentations, LLC, 711 Old Ballas Road, Suite 215, St. Louis, MO 63141, USA
~ Important Notice ~
Articles appearing here contain copyright material. They are meant for your personal use and may not be reproduced or redistributed. While 4Hoteliers makes every effort to ensure accuracy, we can not be held responsible for the content nor the views expressed, which may not necessarily be those of either the original author or 4Hoteliers or its agents.
| Related Articles (Click title to read article)|
| Latest News (Click title to read article)|
| Latest Articles (Click title to read)|
| Most Read Articles (Click title to read)|
| Useful Links (Click company to visit)|