The Hospitality industry has witnessed a huge surge in Mobile activity over the past 12 months, growing at a faster rate than most other industries.
With a 46% increase in hotel related searches*, It is crucial that all hotels have a mobile strategy in place to ensure they maximise the potential of the mobile platform.
Dublin based Net Affinity who have been at the forefront of mobile technology for the hospitality industry have released a no nonsense infographic outlining 6 essential tips for a successful mobile strategy. (*Google Insights into Hotel Vertical In Irelands- Q4, 2013
)The SIX Essential Tips for a Successful Mobile Strategy…for Hotels1. Have a Mobile Website
A mobile website is no longer a luxury, it's a necessity!
2. Create Mobile Specific Rateplans
- In the past 12 months, hotels have witnessed an average of 46% mobile traffic growth
- 1 in 3 visits are from a mobile device
Mobile Bookings are poised to grow exponentially over the next few years and with this comes a need to have mobile specific rateplans.
3. Upload Quality Images
- It is predicted that by 2015, 20% off all hotel bookings will be made via mobile devices.*
Imagey Sells! Upload a selection of your high quality images to your mobile website.
4. Develop a Mobile Marketing strategy
- Image Galleries receive the 2nd highest interaction on a mobile device.*
With exponential growth in mobile traffic and bookings, consider having a mobile marketing strategy to be found via paid and organic search results.
5. Hold availability for last minute mobile bookings
- Google Search Mobile queries grew by 46% in 2013, with 43% of all hotel search queries now made via a mobile device.*
Mobile bookings lead time is getting shorter; to grow your mobile revenue, try holding some last room availability where possible.
6. Go Social with Mobile
- Currently 31% of Mobile Hotel bookings are made for a stay within a 72hr period.*
2015 is the year to leverage Social media via mobile, Ensure you are encouraging social media interaction via your mobile website.
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Facebook increased by over 45% YOY to 874m.
- Mobile Monthly Active Users on Twitter increased by over 37% YOY to 184m.
Net Affinity has recognised the potential for mobile within the hospitality industry for the past number of years and has invested in research and development, in recent months they have launched an updated version of their mobile web app. Their Mobile Web app combines the Net Affinity multi-screen booking Engine with their Mobile Website Design to give hotels a complete mobile booking solution. To find out more about Net Affinity and their Mobile Solution for Hotels click here *Stats sourced from: Internal Net Affinity Research & 'Insights into Hotel Vertical in Ireland' by Google