Five finalist families will be chosen to compete in a once-in-a-lifetime competition, set against the backdrop of three Hyatt resort properties, in what the company says is a unique offering for the hotel idustry.
Their adventures in culture, cuisine and outdoor activities will be recorded and posted to HyattAdventureChallenge.com as episodic Webisodes, so "armchair adventurers" can experience each of the destinations from home and vote for their favorite family.
The family that receives the highest average rating as well as one at-home Webisodes viewer selected at random will both receive 50 free nights to use at any Hyatt hotel or resort worldwide. Starting today, the Challenge Web site will accept registrations and submissions. The first 1,000 video entries submitted by May 30 will be eligible to compete in the considered for the Ultimate Adventure Challenge contest.
"Hyatt Resorts is offering something very unique in the industry by providing an interactive online experience for families with children between the ages of 9 and 12 who enjoy traveling and are eager to participate in unique activities," said Scott Seed, director of resort marketing, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. "With the Hyatt Resorts Ultimate Adventure Challenge, we have created something that will inspire families and young guests to embark on their own adventures together and embrace the culture, customs and cuisine of wherever they may be traveling this summer." How to Participate:
Families can participate in two ways: enter the contest and be chosen to compete in the Ultimate Adventure Challenge and/or register for the sweepstakes to watch online and win at home. Prospective contestants for the Ultimate Adventure Challenge must be between 9 and 12 years old between April 20, 2007 and September 28, 2007.
By visiting the Web site, contestants will learn how to submit creative 90-second videos that convey their passion for adventure and exploration while noting why their family should be selected for the competition.
"Armchair adventurers" at home can visit the Web site to view the submission videos, vote for the winning family and enter the sweepstakes to also win 50 free nights at any Hyatt property worldwide. The Challenge:
Twenty families will fly to a major U.S. city on June 15, 2007 for an in-person casting call on June 16, 2007. There, they will go before a panel of judges to convince them why their family deserves to be one of the 5 finalist families.
The five selected finalists will embark on a two-week, all expenses paid summer trip to Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa, and Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino. At each resort, the families will participate in individual and group activities that could range from hula dancing in Kauai to hot-air ballooning in New Mexico. Viewing and Voting:
On August 15, the Webisodes chronicling the adventures of the five finalist families will be posted to HyattAdventureChallenge.com along with behind-the-scenes footage and other extras. Registered viewers will be able to watch the excitement unfold and vote for their favorite family.
In addition, they will be able to see first hand what the Hyatt Resorts experience is like and the range of activities offered for families. Hyatt will award 50 free nights to the two lucky winners – the family receiving the highest average rating and an at-home viewer selected at random– on September 28.
Hyatt Resorts is the ideal destination for family travel, whether families are looking for an outdoor adventure where they can explore the local culture and landscape or a relaxing vacation resting poolside. Hyatt's 18 resort properties offer something for guests of every age.
- Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch, Scottsdale, AZ
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Spa and Casino, Palm Beach, Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
- Hyatt Grand Champions Resort and Spa, Indian Wells, CA
- Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa, Huntington Beach, CA
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Vail Valley, CO
- Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, Bonita Springs, FL
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Resort and Spa, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Hyatt Key West Resort, Spa and Marina, Key West, FL
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, Orlando, FL
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman Beach Suites, Grand Cayman, West Indies
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa, Koloa, HI
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa, Lahaini, HI
- Hyatt Regency Waikiki Resort and Spa, Honolulu, HI
- Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort, Spa and Marina, Cambridge, MD
- Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino, Incline Village, NV
- Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa, Santa Ana Pueblo, NM
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, Lost Pines, TX
- Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort and Spa, San Antonio, TX
Sweepstakes and contest are subject to complete official rules located at HyattAdventureChallenge.com.