Located at the crossroads of local culture and global business, Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will be the first Grand Hyatt hotel in the Zhejiang Province and the 15th in Greater China.
“We are thrilled to introduce the Grand Hyatt experience to the locals and visitors of Hangzhou,” says General Manager Nicholas Lacey. “We are truly blessed to have this incredible location overlooking West Lake and believe that the breathtaking views coupled with our beautiful recent renovations will make Grand Hyatt Hangzhou the leading destination in the city for business and leisure travel – and to celebrate life’s special moments.”
The hotel is expected to conclude an extensive renovation of its public areas, guestrooms, meeting and event space and restaurants in January 2019. The renovation, which commenced in 2017, was spearheaded by award-winning Thai interior design firm P49 Deesign. With the hotel’s rebrand in mind, the firm set out to develop Grand Hyatt Hangzhou into a transformative destination with modern, timeless interiors that would reflect the city’s rich history and culture while taking full advantage of the prized lake view.
The new Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will feature:
- 388 guestrooms and suites, ranging in size from 366–2,500 square feet (34–240 square meters). Designed to amplify the breathtaking lake or city views, the indulgent rooms will feature a comforting mix of textures in the wallcoverings and soft furnishings with subtle Chinese design elements appearing in the furniture and wall art.
- The Grand Club Lounge will offer club-level guests complimentary breakfast, all-day light refreshments and evening cocktails and canapés, as well as the use of the boardrooms and all-day assistance from the Club Concierge. Grand Club guests will also have access to a 4,300 sq.-ft. (400 sq-m) outdoor roof terrace where they will enjoy an exclusive view of the spectacular West Lake Musical Fountain show that performs nightly.
- Seven globally inspired cocktail and dining venues will aim to offer the highest-quality ingredients, creativity and variety. The renovated Grand Café and Pastry Boutique will share space with a new venue, Patio, which will be a casual indoor and outdoor dining venue overlooking West Lake specializing in authentic Italian pasta and pizza. In Q1 2019, Grand Hyatt Steakhouse will open and offer a rich variety of seafood and exclusive cuts of meat, as well as an Art Deco-inspired cocktail lounge, The Antique Door, featuring a wide range of Champagne, sake and whiskey, accompanied by an international band. Led by Executive Chef Vincenzo Carbone, the culinary team will source the finest ingredients—local and organic when possible—to create authentic cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences.
- Opening in early 2019, HUAN Spa and Fitness Center will feature an 82 foot-long (25 meter-) long heated indoor pool with a skylight ceiling, pool bar and stunning lake views. Next to the pool, the fitness center will be well-equipped with the latest cardio and strength training machines supervised by the fitness center’s experienced team of fitness professionals. Utilizing natural, local ingredients such as Osmanthus and the world-renowned Longjin green tea, the spa will offer a menu of results-driven treatments that aim to promote complete wellbeing.
- Re-introduced after a complete renovation in 2017, the hotel’s more-than 35,000 square feet (3,300 square meters) of lavish event space features the latest audiovisual technology and is among the most sophisticated event venues in the Zhejiang capital. Aided by a creative, enthusiastic and highly experienced team of culinary experts and event-planning professionals, the hotel is primed to create spectacular experiences, ranging from elaborate events to simple delights.