|Dubai still top in terms of hotel development.|
Thursday, 3rd May 2012
Source : TOPHOTELPROJECTS
The city has 52 hotels with more than 25,000 rooms in the construction and development pipeline.
The speed of new hotel construction has note decelerated: TOPHOTELPROJECTS reports that despite some delays caused by the financial and economic crises there are still 52 new hotels with more than 25,000 rooms in the construction and development pipeline.
The most recent top hotel projects are three new Starwood properties.
On the terrain of the former Metropolitan Hotel on Sheikh Zayed Road, covering approximately one million square meters, three new hotels will open until 2017:
The following hotels are the largest hotel construction and development projects in Dubai:
- The St. Regis Hotel (241 rooms, TOPHOTELPROJECTS Nr. 13852),
- The W Dubai (384 rooms, TOPHOTELPROJECTS NR. 1733)
- Westin (1179 rooms, TOPHOTELPROJECTS Nr. 13855). The Al Habtoor Group will invest almost 1,4 billion US-Dollar.
- JW Marriott Marquis Park Towers Hotel & Residence – 1,600 rooms – opening Oct 2012
- Bespoke Hotel Dubai – 1,400 rooms – opening may 2013
- Westin Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road – 1,179 rooms – opening 2017
- Sofitel Dubai Sheikh Zayed Road – 582 rooms – opening June 2013
- Fairmont Palm Residence – 558 rooms – opening July 2012
The Jumeirah Group is the local power base in Dubai. With four hotel projects in Dubai (more than 1,440 new rooms) it is very likely to stay that way.
The worldwide renowned Grand Hotel group Kempinski currently develops two new hotels (in total 570 rooms) and the InterContinetal Hotels Group (IHG) brings two new Crowne Plaza Hotels (730 rooms) on the hotel market in this glittering metropolis on the Arabian Gulf.
Another big player, Marriot Intl., invests in four new hotels (more than 1,800 rooms).