|Jumeirah followers design the 'Hotel of the future'.|
Wednesday, 2nd November 2011
Source : Jumeirah Group
At last weekend’s annual TEDx Dubai event, Jumeirah Group engaged with the audience in an innovating and exhilarating fashion to create the hotel room of the future.
Participants to the conference as well as keen Tweeps from Dubai, the UAE and the world shared their creative and original ideas which were then converted from the digital realm to a futuristic masterpiece with the help of talented local artist Zanjeer Salam.
The result was a 4metre canvas displaying a variety of unique ideas of what the ‘Hotel of the Future’ may look like, where it may be situated, and what features and facilities would be available.
The TEDx programme is designed to give communities, organisations and individuals the opportunity to stimulate dialogue at the local level. Jumeirah Group, a sponsor of TedX Dubai, used social media as a channel to engage with the public and merge their virtual ideas to create a physical masterpiece.
This unique concept is a reflection of the innovativeness and ingenuity associated with the Jumeirah brand.
The top 10 ideas to be transposed to the canvas were:
1.#HotelFuture floats in clouds & has invisible walls & floors to offer a breathtaking view. Food can be teleported.
2. The flying hotel that glides you around the world in style!
3. "Holographic Virtual Personal Assistant" with a menu of caricatures you can choose from.
4. An underwater hotel with a view of the marine life from the windows!
5. It'd be nice to see some pet-friendly hotels.
6. Hotel of the future should have iPads in every room.
7. The walls of the room would basically be an LED touchscreen that could be dimmed to convert to glass with the view!
8. You are virtually transported to a destination of your choice by selecting one from Jumeirah hotels' travel channel!
9. Hotel in the Heavens - zero gravity orbital hotel located on the moon. Wake up gazing out at terra firma in repose.
10. Each bedroom in the #HotelFuture will have its own robot for cleaning and other services.
Jumeirah captured the experience with an on-site camera crew to capture the ideas as they were illustrated; the video can be viewed on