|Asia consumers most online-savvy when booking travel accommodation.|
Thursday, 26th June 2014
Source : AsiaRooms and Lenovo
|According to a recent study Asia consumers are significantly more online-savvy when it comes to making their travel accommodation bookings. |
Key findings of the study-incorporates input from more than 12,000 online respondents from more than 25 markets across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Oceania-were released in a joint statement by the two companies.
They include the following:
Executives from the two companies attribute the apparent greater online-savviness on the part of Asia consumers to the state of mobile connectivity, which they has become "increasingly important."
- 75 percent of respondents in Asia make their travel accommodation reservations online for both leisure and business trips (this figure is 10 percent higher than the global average in the AsiaRooms-Lenovo study; and, 84 percent of respondents in Singapore make their reservations online for both kinds of trips.
- 59 percent in Asia use their mobile devices when searching for travel accommodation online (13 percent higher than the global average); while the figure for Thailand is 65 percent, the highest for Asia.
- 33 percent in Asia use their mobile devices to book travel accommodation online (8 percent higher than the global average).
- 58 percent of consumers in Asia are using their mobile devices to make online purchases.
- And the top reasons respondents cited for not choosing to use their mobile device even more often are: "content is hard to see on the mobile device (40 percent)" and "the Internet connection on mobile devices is slow or unstable (35 percent)."
They said that 83 percent of the respondents to their study own a mobile phone with Internet access, either through Wi-fi access and/or mobile data/subscription plan.
~ Important Notice ~
Articles appearing here contain copyright material. They are meant for your personal use and may not be reproduced or redistributed. While 4Hoteliers makes every effort to ensure accuracy, we can not be held responsible for the content nor the views expressed, which may not necessarily be those of either the original author or 4Hoteliers or its agents.
| Related News (Click title to read article)|
| Latest News (Click title to read article)|