Return to our Home page Search
Click here for the hotel and hospitality news from around the globe Hotel, Travel and Hospitality Articles Videos and in-depth Interviews
CONCIERGE DESK
Read more now
Read more now
Read more now
NH Hotel Group buys out JV's stake in NH Italia.
Wednesday, 23rd April 2014
Source : NH Hotel Group
 

The acquisition of 44.5% of NH Italia from Intesa Sanpaolo will be structured through the issuance of new shares of NH Hotel Group shares. The transaction will entail the issuance of 42,000,000 new shares at an issue price of €4.70 per share.

NH Hotel Group signed an agreement with Intesa Sanpaolo under which it will acquire the latter’s 44.5% stake in NH Italia in exchange for shares. Intesa Sanpaolo set up the Italian joint venture with NH Hotel Group, which owns the remaining 55.5%, in 2007.

Accordingly, the deal will entitle NH Hotel Group for the 100% of NH Italia, which is currently active in the hotel business in Italy and the US, as well as operating hotel establishments in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
 
The Boards of Directors of NH Hotel Group and Intesa Sanpaolo have approved the terms of an all-share offer, as follows:

  • The issuance of 42,000,000 new ordinary shares, representing approximately 12% of the share capital of NH Hotel Group, post-offer, at an issue price of €4.70 (a par value of €2 and a share premium of €2.70) per share.
  • The new shares will be subscribed exclusively by Intesa Sanpaolo in exchange for 445,000 shares representing its 44.5% interest in NH Italia. Since the consideration for the new-issue shares is non-monetary, NH Hotel Group's existing shareholders will not have pre-emptive subscription rights over the shares.
Execution of this transaction will significantly bolster NH Hotel Group’s equity, while simultaneously reducing its leverage ratio measured in terms of gross debt to equity. Lastly, the transaction will also make NH Hotel Group’s shares more liquid in the secondary market medium term.
 
The capital increase, which has already been approved by the Board of Directors of NH Hotel Group, will be put before the shareholders for approval at the upcoming Annual General Meeting, along with a resolution to appoint a new proprietary director at the proposal of Intesa Sanpaolo.
 
As a result of the capital increase pending to be executed, shareholders’ structure would be: HNA (21.2%), GIHSA (17.7%), Intesa Sanpaolo (16.0%) and free float (45.1%). Morgan Stanley acted as financial advisor to NH Hotel Group on the transaction.

~ Important Notice ~
Articles appearing here contain copyright material. They are meant for your personal use and may not be reproduced or redistributed. While 4Hoteliers makes every effort to ensure accuracy, we can not be held responsible for the content nor the views expressed, which may not necessarily be those of either the original author or 4Hoteliers or its agents.

Learn more about DigiJames - in room technology
Advertisment  
 Latest News  (Click title to read article)
Asia Pacific, led by China, dominates global business travel
Tuesday, 29th July 2014

Emerging markets grabbing bigger piece of the online travel pie
Tuesday, 29th July 2014

In Focus: Istanbul, Turkey
Tuesday, 29th July 2014

China overtakes the US as the world's largest economy: Impact on industries and consumers worldwide
Tuesday, 29th July 2014

Healthy Hotels: Risk and guest demand main reasons for abandonment of chlorine bleach
Tuesday, 29th July 2014

© Copyright 4Hoteliers 2001-2014 ~ unless stated otherwise, all rights reserved.
You can read more about 4Hoteliers and our company here

Use of this web site is subject to our
terms & conditions of service and privacy policy