|More than 1,900 new top hotels will open during 2014|
Friday, 10th January 2014
Source : TOPHOTELPROJECTS
Hotel construction boom continues - 1,300 hotel openings in 2013 and the worldwide hotel construction boom will continue in 2014.
According to TOPHOTELPROJECTS the worldwide leading provider of global b2b hotel data, more than 1,900 first class and luxury hotels with about 480,000 rooms will open their doors in 2014.
One of the most sensational openings will take place in Jerusalem in August – the Waldorf Astoria Hotel (right) - 226 rooms and suites - will be inaugurated.
The most and largest hotel openings in 2014 will take place in Asia – which illustrates the hotel investors’ focus. A part of the “Sanya Beauty Crown 7 Hotel” operated by among other Marriott will open in Sanya/China.
Planned are several top hotel and apartment complexes with about 6,000 rooms. Only in China the openings of 243 hotels with more than 77,000 rooms are planned.
In Europe more than 590 top hotels will be inaugurated in 2014, thereof the new 25hours hotel in Berlin. The design hotel with 149 rooms and suites in the prime location near the Zoo station will open late January. At the Baltic Sea in Scharbeutz (near Luebeck) the Bayside Hotel & Spa will open its doors in April, the resort offers 132 rooms.
Hotel openings 2014 (by continent)
Largest hotel openings 2013 in Sochi
- Asia: 869 new hotels
- Africa; 93 new hotels
- Europe: 583 new hotels
- North America: 307 new hotels
- Central and South America: 81 new hotels
In 2013 more than 1,308 hotels with a total number of 274,000 rooms opened. One of the most sensational openings took place at the end of the year at the Olympia venue Sochi at the Black Sea.
The Russian German hotel chain Azimut operates now a high class resort with 3,600 rooms – during the Olympic Winter Games the large hotel with a media center will get lots of publicity. The 36 hectare large area comprises two different Azimut hotels, a park, spa centre, private beach and several sports venues.
Top 10 Hotel Openings 2013 (new buildings/ by number of rooms)
Further information: www.tophotelprojects.com
- Arkhyz Ski Resort, Northern Caucasus /Russia – 11,880 rooms
- Angsana Lang Co, Lang Co/Vietnam – 2,000 rooms
- Doubletree by Hilton Tropicana, Las Vegas/USA – 1,600 rooms
- MGM Grand Ho Tram, Vietnam – 1,100 rooms
- Lagoon Hotel & Resort, Amman/Jordan – 1,000 rooms
- Radisson Blu, Sharm El Sheikh/Egypt – 913 rooms
- Crystal Waterworld Resort & Spa, Belek/Turkey – 840 rooms
- Elaf Bakkah Hotel, Mecca/Saudi Arabia – 810 rooms
- The Omni Hotel, Nashville/USA – 800 rooms
- Breathless Resort & Spa, Punta Cana/Dominikanische Republik – 750 Zimmer