|351 new hotels planned in Germany.|
Friday, 2nd November 2012
Source : TOPHOTELPROJECTS
More than 46,000 new hotel rooms, 15 new luxury hotels and largest hotel construction project with 500 units will be a new Center Parc in the German County 'Saarland'.
Strong growth on the German hotel market: until the end of 2014 there will be 351 new hotels with more than 46,700 entering the market, among them 15 luxury hotels such as the Waldorf Astoria Berlin and the Steinberger Hotel Bremen.
This announced TOPHOTELPROJECTS, the worldwide leading provider of hotel project lead data and worldwide hotel chain contacts.
Overview of the German hotel market
- Operating hotels of all categories: 12,334
- New openings until the end of 2014: 351
The largest hotel construction project currently under construction in Germany is the Center Parc “Bostalsee“ in the German county „Saarland“ with approximately 500 units. The opening is scheduled for mid-2013. One of the largest hotel openings this year has been the Motel One hotel in Cologne – this new property located in the inner city’s „Waidmarkt“ offers 370 rooms.
- 5 Star - 15 Projects (2,400 rooms) - 203 operating Hotels
- 4 Star - 138 Projects (20,500 rooms) - 2,471 operating Hotels
- 3 Star - 136 Projects (15,300 rooms) - 4,562 operating Hotels
- 2 Star - 54 Projects (7,800 rooms) - 464 operating Hotels
- 1 Star - 5 Projects (390 rooms) - 51 operating Hotels
- not categorisable - 3 Projects (196 rooms) - 4,582 operating Hotels
Eagerly awaited is the opening of the first Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Germany: the luxury hotel with 232 rooms is situated in prime location at Berlin’s “Bahnhof Zoo“ and is scheduled to be inaugurated, after several delays, in July 2013. During early summer next year a new Steinberger Hotel (139 rooms) will appear on the hotel market in Bremen.
A further ambitious extraordinary hotel project is the Westin in the still unfinished and so called “Elbphilharmonic” concert & opera house“ in Hamburg. The opening of the Hanseatic city landmark and new 244-room top hotel depends on the progression of construction, which has been disrupted and delayed several times. The currently publicised opening date is schedule for mid-2014.