|Top ten hotel chains are developing more than 1,500 new hotels.|
Sunday, 23rd September 2012
Source : TOPHOTELPROJECTS
Second largest hotel chain Hilton Worldwide leads expansion with more than 300 hotel construction projects.
According to TOPHOTELPROJECTS the leading data provider for hotel construction projects and hotel chain headquarter contacts - the worldwide leading hotel chain InterContinental Hotels Groups way ahead with more than 658,000 hotel rooms has more than 250 new hotels under current development. InterContinental itself even states to have more than 1,000 new hotels in their global pipeline.
Hilton Worldwide, second largest hotel group worldwide, also sets a strong pace of expansion with currently 307 hotel projects in progress. Followed by the Accor Group, Europes leading hotel group, (World Ranking Position No.5) with 349 new hotels under construction and Starwood Hotels & Resorts (No.7) with 277 top hotel projects.
The Carlson Rezidor Group (No. 10) has a strong presence in the EMEA region, but shows modest development plans with just 130 new upcoming hotels.
Hotel chain hotel development ranking 2012:
(Indication of the current number of hotel construction projects is extracted from the TOPHOTELPROJECTS database;date: 18.09.2012)
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) 4.480 hotels in operation 658.348 rooms in operation 259 hotel projects
- Hilton Worldwide 3.843 hotels 633.238 rooms 307 hotel projects
- Marriott International 3.537 hotels 617.837 rooms 98 hotel projects
- Wyndham Hotel Group 7.205 hotels 613.126 rooms 37 hotel projects
- Accor 4.426 hotels 531.714 rooms 349 hotel projects
- Choice Hotels International 6.203 hotels 502.460 rooms 10 hotel projects Starwood Hotels & Resorts 1.077 hotels 315.346 rooms 277 hotel projects
- Best Western 4.078 hotels 311.598 rooms 53 hotel projects
- Home Inns/Motel 168 1.426 hotels 176.562 rooms not named
- Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group 1.077 hotels 165.802 rooms 130 hotel projects