|Australia-New Zealand online travel penetration to top 40% by 2013.|
Sunday, 10th June 2012
Source : PhoCusWright
Online travel in the Australia-New Zealand (ANZ) market continues to grow at an impressive pace, according to a new report.
By 2013, ANZ's online leisure and unmanaged business travel market will comprise 41% of the total travel market, up from 36% in 2011.
PhoCusWright's Australia and New Zealand Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: Surges & Slowdowns reveals that ANZ online leisure and unmanaged business travel gross bookings grew 13% in local currency in 2011 (surging 27% in U.S.-dollar terms).
PhoCusWright projects ANZ's online travel market will continue to grow by double digits through 2013 – at almost twice the pace of the overall travel market.
"Australia-New Zealand's consolidated air market may account for a big piece of the region's online travel market, but it is the more fragmented lodging and intermediary arenas that are really heating up," said Douglas Quinby, PhoCusWright's senior director, research. "As growth slows – and it certainly is in mature online markets such as Australia and New Zealand – home-grown online and traditional agencies are stepping up the fight, as are some of the global OTAs."
PhoCusWright's Australia and New Zealand Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: Surges and Slowdowns presents market sizing and projections for ANZ's total and online leisure and unmanaged business travel markets from 2009 – 2013. The report also provides a detailed analysis of trends and dynamics within the ANZ travel market.
PhoCusWright's Australia and New Zealand Online Travel Overview Fifth Edition: Surges & Slowdowns, a Global and Asia Pacific Edition publication, provides the insight you need to excel in the dynamic ANZ travel market.
- Total market and online leisure/unmanaged business travel bookings for 2009 – 2013
- Analysis of major travel product segments – air, hotel and car rental
- Comparison of supplier-branded websites and online travel agencies (OTAs), including bookings and projected growth rates through 2013
- Discussion of the OTA landscape, including key players, recent developments and the relative influence of local versus global OTAs
- Impact of mobile, metasearch and travel review websites